Friday, January 21, 2011

Skywatch Friday - Byron Bay

No new photos lately, so checked my file, and this is one caught my eye.  The headland with the lighthouse is the most Easterly Cape of Australia.  When I was a child goats living there were a drawcard, and it has gone ahead in leaps and bounds since then, and just recently the area has gained publicity as one of the venues on Oprah.

To see some fantastic Skywatch Friday photos click here
Have a great week,
Jan

3 comments:

  1. Jan, I'm popping over to visit this blog, and I'm so glad I did. I've enjoyed perusing the contents. Beautiful photos!

    That's fascinating that goats used to live on the Cape. That would still be a drawing card to me. On some areas in coastal North Carolina in the US, they have wild horses. I haven't seen them, but I've seen programs about it. All we have on our beaches in this area of Florida are shorebirds, little crabs, sea turtles, and an occasional gator (who wandered over from the wildlife refuge... and I've only seen that once in 50+ years of going to the beach and have never seen it again!)

    XO,

    Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a beautiful picture. I have wondered if your part of the country has had any flooding problems. Doylene

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes Sheila, the goats were marvellous, but were removed for eco reasons. I googled and there has been a call for their return as weeds such as bitou have taken over, but now they are spraying them, as the local greenies say the goats also ate the native vegetation .. goats over spraying any day I say!!!

    Doylene, my town is flood-free, but the roads out were closed for only a day or two, and veges are not as plentiful because they were destroyed in the floods, but nothing compared to the grief and devastation suffered by so many.
    Hugs,
    Jan

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your encouraging comment.