Many Australians enjoy camping and motorhoming all year round as we have a suitable climate, and there are many venues from National Parks, State Forests to beachside caravan parks and resorts.
But what I am most familiar with is free camping. This was the view out the window of our RV on the Mary River in QLD, and we chatted on into the night with two other couples also enjoying the venue.
Another spot in QLD, that's us on the left. This was the starting point for forest walks.
We find these places in a popular book Camps Australia, and I'm sure you would find a copy in many a motorhome and caravan. It has snaps of most of the spots, and a lot of information, the most important to us is whether it is dog friendly.
Pic from internet, we have an older copy.
So how do you enjoy your holidays? Our most popular is taking a trip to see family.
Linking up with Smiling Sally at Blue Monday where you'll find many interesting posts.
Have a great week,
Hugs,
Jan


Beautiful views!
ReplyDeleteMy Blue Monday.
Gorgeous shots!
ReplyDeleteHappy Blue Monday to you!!
Cricket
Good Morning, Jan, and Happy Blue Monday!
ReplyDeleteThese are some beautiful shots. We used to always spend Christmas with family and do still sometimes, but we also spend it with close friends and our godchildren. It's my favorite holiday next to Easter. Love them both.
I'm traveling these next few days so my blogging is going to be a bit sporadic. It's 3:25 AM here, and I got up to play catch up on my blog. LOL!
XO,
Sheila :-)
Hello again Jan, I live near the Mary River.. Yes its so nice to get out and camp. I think a campervan is better than a caravan, not all the trouble of unhooking.
ReplyDeleteThere are many lovely places to stay.
It is so good to see your comment this morning Jan. Your photos and the 'free' camping impressed me very much. Here in the US the only free camping is if we pull into a Walmart for the night. That is IF that particular store allows campers to do that. Not all of them do. We are going to Maine for a month this summer and the overnight stop is important to us. Smile.
ReplyDeleteSomeday we would love to visit Australia. Everyone I know that has been there, has loved their time in your awesome country.
Have a wonderful week,
Hugs, Jeanne
I've never gone camping. It looks tempting, though.
ReplyDeleteHappy Blue Monday, Jan.
We're past the camping stage and sold our RV to a lovely "young" couple 2 years ago. We just go to Florida for the winter now.
ReplyDeletewe stayed in holiday camps for a month. Some were good, some were rough. At one place, you press the knob to get hot water.
ReplyDelete